French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I know it's hard to give up ones that you're attached to and are perfectly good chickens. I'm going through it still too. But think of the end goal. It's worth it.

Yes! What's up with breeders and FB?? They are all on there, almost competing with one another. I signed up just to have some breeder connects. I do the same thing...just watch them go back and forth, picking apart each other's birds.

This is so true!! I wasted a lot of time with shipped eggs. Better to just buy straight from reputable breeders.

2. RubyNala97

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I'm waiting on Judy Lee. She is the best breeder in the US for the color silkies I want to breed. Unfortunately everyone wants to buy from her and she doesn't do a wait list. You just have to keep checking in with her every few weeks as hers grow out. I don't care how long it takes, I'm determined to buy birds from her someday.

3. Brat Flock

Brat Flock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2015
    Indiana

Almost? It's like a constant infomercial!! Egg color is impossible to judge online, some breeders don't post ANY pictures of their stock, some never stop. I tried REAL hard to hatch some LP eggs, I still have some in the bator for the next two weeks but that is where I got this rumpless BCM.

4. RubyNala97

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I know! And the prices they are selling eggs/chicks/birds for is crazy. But as soon as they post for sale, someone is all over it. I'm hoping to get there someday and have this hobby pay for itself.

5. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Patience is hard, but it pays off

6. kwhites634

kwhites634 Slow hands & an easy touch Premium Member

I try to stay away from chimney fires myself[​IMG]

7. frmboyinthecity

frmboyinthecity Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2015
    Utah
    So did you just contact Paul Smith directly and inquire about chicks? I tried to find a website for him, but didn't see one.

8. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Look him up in the Ameraucana breeders directory. It's online. If you email him, he will reply

9. frmboyinthecity

frmboyinthecity Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2015
    Utah
    Perfect. That's what I found. I just wasn't sure if he had a website as well.

10. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I never found one either, but he will answer his email. I highly recommend him. He's professional, helpful, and his birds are high quality

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by