French frogs

Our house was built starting in 1822, our bedroom is in the 1840s wing a long way from the woodstove, but a fan at the bottom of the front stairs pushes a bit of warm air up.  We usually don't have ice inside the windows any more with the storms on.

Fireplaces are not for heating, unless they were built for it.  The one in our living room was once the heat source for the house, the chimney is inside the timber frame, and so the heat stays in the house until it exits the chimney.  It is still nowhere near as effective as the old wood burning stove.  

I miss the old cast iron stove we had when I was a kid... that sucker could heat a warehouse, no prob...

Yeah, I would take your older house over this one any day... prefab modular... super thin walls and shoddy sealant work... we hunkered down and rode it out though... :)

I miss the old cast iron stove we had when I was a kid... that sucker could heat a warehouse, no prob...

Yeah, I would take your older house over this one any day... prefab modular... super thin walls and shoddy sealant work... we hunkered down and rode it out though... :)

Allot of the ones they sell up here are crazy efficient....but they would be overkill where you live.

Allot of the ones they sell up here are crazy efficient....but they would be overkill where you live.

So would that one... this was a crazy, weird cold snap...

Spook is really old and needs his very warm house.

:frow

Heyla, Spook... you've ventured into some uncharted territory... be welcome, just watch out for the sludge... :D ;)

Back
Top Bottom