French frogs

You act like this is news to you.

Or that you thought the men on this thread were any different than the ones you know in real life.

Lol

Yes, I'm sure I earned one.

:smack

Here I'm around my OH and K... what does that tell you???

:lau

Like sideWing, I knew feathering was supposed to be dominant, but sometimes Marans show up with little to no feathers on their legs so........... I waited for you to answer. 

It's a PITA, and why breeders stress test mating a lot... my OH gives me a lot of crap for testing first, but now he saw what happened with the black split cockerel chicapee got... that's not the reputation we want... not if you want to breed for decent quality pures... :/

Nutridrench for the chicks... Red Cell or Magic Cell for the flock...
smack.gif
Thanks! I'll get some.

Rayvn! Walnut! A little help here?

I have learned that Pti-1 is dominant and that Pti-1 is supposedly the feathered leg gene in Marans. What I'm not sure of is if you can get a zero doeses of the gene from a parent with 1 dose of Pti-1 and a parent with zero Pti-1.
http://sellers.kippenjungle.nl/page3.html

two copies of the gene give heavy leg feathering. One copy gives light leg feathering. No copies give none. So 1/4 of your chicks should be feather legged if the roo has one copy, half if he has two copies and the hen has none.

Conversely, if he has one copy, some of those chicks could hatch clean legged and still be his.

Anything else in a BCM that would be a distinguishing factor? Color of feet? Any sign of black on the shanks or feet should show BCM. Possibly beak color as well.

Last edited:
:smack

Here I'm around my OH and K... what does that tell you???
It's a PITA, and why breeders stress test mating a lot... my OH gives me a lot of crap for testing first, but now he saw what happened with the black split cockerel chicapee got... that's not the reputation we want... not if you want to breed for decent quality pures... :/

I don't know your OH But if you are going to start comparing all of us to K, it won't be fair

Back
Top Bottom