French white muscovy ducks

I m planning t clipp their wings will they still roost,cuz if so I will put something they can rooast on inside their coop.

Yes even if you clip their wing they still prefer not to sleep on the ground after they are a few months old. Mine roost with my chickens, about 2 feet off of the ground on perches made of 2" x 4" lumber. I used to have an old bench (without a back) that my scovies would sleep on.

Hi,
Thanks to this post I think I have finally identified what type of we have!

We were hoping to have Pekins this time, but I guess that's what happens when you buy ducklings from Craigslist! LoL! Ours don't have the traditional black & white or the red mask. They also have crystal blue eyes not the hazel/brown, so it kind of threw me off, I though maybe we had just gotten some mutts. They're pretty heavy, at least 2 of them are in the 12-15lb range and they're the quietest ducks I've ever had! I was a Mallard momma before they took flight so I was used to a lot of chatter. Can anyone tell me if we might have some drakes? Two of them are noticeably larger than the others - do Muscovy's get drake feathers? All of their coloring is the same so it's not as obvious as the Mallards. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom