1. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    I was friends for 6 years with a woman in a field of work that relates to mine. Over a year ago, she began confiding in me about how she was undermining a coworker. Basically, she was sabotaging this person's career over some petty crap. This type of mean behavior made me really disappointed in her & I told her so. So, when I told her that her actions were mean & uncalled for, she told me I was wrong & that I could get ahold of her when I was done being judgemental. I have not contacted her.
    What I didn't tell her when we "had it out" was that the more I heard about the coworker, the more I connected the dots about some things that she had done to ME. There were times that I ended up with egg on my face & I can now see that she orchestrated this. I think she is jealous of me: I have more $, more education, I am thinner. These things matter to HER. It didn't occur to me in the context of our friendship...
    TODAY, I ran across a wonderful description of The Behavior of a Frenemy, i.e how they try to make you look bad, act as an emotional vampire and such. I really, really want to send it to her. I think she needs a label for her bad behavior. Should I send this to her? Anonymous mail? An e-mail?

2. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Just leave it be. Let go of her and her crap. Dont send her that list, she wont see how it relates to her.

3. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    The problem is she won't get it. She will never see herself in it. That type never does.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:agreed..
    dont bother, really....she wont get it. JUst stay away from her...Far away..

5. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    I would'nt waste my time. Keep on Keepin' on ..... [​IMG] ... trust me, by you NOT contacting her or anything .. it bothers her. [​IMG]

6. grandmaof5

grandmaof5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Central N.S.
    I agree with the other posters, here; let it go, cover your behind concerning her but don't play her games.

7. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Heard of Karma? [​IMG] Just let it go...

8. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    I might even try to find the person she's messing with and let them know what's going on.....turnabout is fair play...I think. And you may even make a new friend....

9. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:Agreed.

10. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Although, if you do decide to send it to her, check out 10minutemail. It's a site that gives you an email address for 10 minutes, so you can send things anonymously, and also can use it when you sign up for something, and it makes you reply to a confirmation email, then you never, ever get spam from that company... really neat!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by