fresh batch

mattsinger

Songster
6 Years
Mar 9, 2013
Davison, MI
I got another small batch of chicks from Meyers today. they seem to have made the trip fine. I got a Blue Splash Marans, a Blue Orpington and a Partridge Cochin. They all look very nice. For the Meyer Meal Maker, they added the one that is black in the pic. It is heavily feathered on the legs and outer toe. Could this also be a Marans?
Thanks for any insight
Matt

well..nevermind, I think I had them mixed up. The dark, almost black in the Partridge Cochin. I guess the redish/brown one is the extra

Beautiful chicks. I just ordered 10 today! Love them chickens!
smile.png

well, now we are down to 3 chicks. All looked good yesterday, the wife and I went out to the county fair for a few hrs, came home and the Cochin was dead. Cant believe there was a real reason..I'm guessing it just dropped dead as it was acting normal, doing great .

Got a couple pics of the chicks outside today. Crazy how fast they grow. Also in the pic are three Black Copper Marans I picked up and what I think will be a Columbian Wyandotte.

I would guess your meal maker chick is a Golden Buff (both the new arrival pics and the new pics look exactly like my Golden Buff from Meyers)

Thanks, Yes, the Golden Buff came with the first order of chicks. The whitish chick in the second pic and tight in the corner on the third pic is the meal maker that came with the Marans.

Back
Top Bottom