Fresh eggs can't be hard boiled?

Seatrout00

Songster
7 Years
Oct 18, 2012
Melbourne Florida
I was told that fresh laid eggs can not be hard boiled. This sounds ridiculous to me - is there any merit to it, and if so, why can't they be boiled?

Last edited:
tongue.png
Why don't you try it and see.

Really? Huh .... I did some web searching and learned that hard boiling fresh eggs can result in eggs that are difficult to peel - but that they boil up just fine.

Fresh eggs boil up just fine; but they are really, really, REALLY hard to peel.
I use 10 day old eggs for boiling - they are still really good - so creamy tasting. And they peel much better.

It is true. That is to say, you CAN boil it hard, but you will have trouble to peel it afterward without chunks sticking to the shell. I have not perfected the process myself to get 100% perfect peeled eggs, however I can tell people who do not know, the correct way to boil without cracking an egg is to place the eggs and water both at room temperature into the pot along with SALT. The salt will stop the cracking. start with a teaspoon or two and vary it to find what is good for your pot and your water.

from http://www.thesimplehomemaker.com/peeling-hard-boiled-eggs

Last edited:
The FINAL word on the subject is to find someone who you know can cook well, who has the same perfectly boiled and peeled eggs that you want in their salads and soups and so on, and ask them. Asking the internet is a bad idea, unless there is proof on the website involved.

You can ask advice from people who eat nothing but take-away and have the trash to prove it laying all over the place, and you can get results that you would expect to find in their homes. The eggs will be boiled, that's true, but that's all.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom