Freshly laid eggs that float????

MMullins1

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 28, 2014
Hi everyone,
I hope someone can give me some information, I have a hen that lays light weight and rough shell eggs. I started doing the float test and they do float. These are fresh eggs, I pick them up daily. So far she is laid about 5 just like these. Anyone experienced anything like it?

CONSIDER THOSE EGGS AS diet eggs.
lau.gif

The reason they float is they have a larger air sack than usual . I would just eat them and not worry about them. I doubt there is any remedy for it, (but not 100% sure)

I could not help and chuckle when I came across 2 phrases in your post.

Light weight,........... We use this term when describing someone that is not able to handle adult beverages very well, only in humor.
Float test............... When someones iPhone stops working, we suggest they give it a float test when they pass a river.
WISHING YOU BEST
thumbsup.gif

LOL, we use the light way term a lot here too, not only about drinking, but eating, playing, etc.

I forgot to mention I've cracked the eggs open and they looked fine, but have been giving them to the dogs just in case
wink.png

Thanks!

Yes, between the eggs and the goat's milk, their coat is so soft and shiny (German Shepherds)

Back
Top Bottom