Freshly laid eggs.

Quote:
Oh, man, I want one of those!

Right now, I use a wire basket with a painted, metal rooster head and tail. (Duck eggs I keep in a clear, open plastic carton - they're generally dirty, compared to the chicken eggs.)

I choose specific eggs for each carton I sell or give away, to make the prettiest display for the customer or recipient, so I guess the basket method really is best for me. But I do love the looks of those Egg Skelters.

Last edited:
The egg skelter is interesting! My sweety bought me a wicker basket that is shaped like a chicken. The lid is the top half, the bottom is an oval basket. He found it at the flea market for a dollar! It looks sort of like this, but is cuter:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...e=1&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0&tx=291&ty=-380

Mine does not look "sickly" and even has a tail and stuff. I really do need to figure out how to get some pictures for you people! LOL

In any case, it holds a good 3 dozen eggs that are extra large size generally.

Last edited:
Mine go from the coop to the fridge, cool or warm...
big_smile.png

I keep mine on the counter and do not wash off the bloom. I was told that because eggs are porous that they can easily pick up other tastes from smelly foods when placed in the fridge so are just better tasting left out. I don't have that many so I can eat them or give them away in plenty of time.

So before storing it in the refrigerator, you "must" wash it? What if the egg shell isn't dirty at all?

Me too. I e-mailed them about it, and I'm ordering one as soon as they get back to me on their Paypal connection. That is really cool.

Quote:

Quote:
If the shell is not dirty, don't bother washing it. You only need to wash it, the eggs are dirty/lightly soiled. As far as the refrig. that is personally up to you. I myself almost hardly ever put my eggs in the refrig. even. Unless it's hot as haites in the house, in which case I don't usually use the a.c....

Haha, happy to see this thread as our daughter came inside and told me that the chicken laid an egg. I had just checked about 30 minutes earlier so I know it was "fresh", but I didn't think that fresh. It was very warm. I thought it was really cool for us as it is only our 5th egg. 5 days and 5 eggs so far. 1 of 2 hens laying.

It went on the counter with the other ones we have from the last few days.

D'Angelo N Va. :

If the shell is not dirty, don't bother washing it. You only need to wash it, the eggs are dirty/lightly soiled. As far as the refrig. that is personally up to you. I myself almost hardly ever put my eggs in the refrig. even. Unless it's hot as haites in the house, in which case I don't usually use the a.c....

Alright then, thanks so much for the help!​

Back
Top Bottom