Fresno CA

TX2CA. I assume you moved here from Texas? My dad was born in northern Texas and my mother in Oklahoma. They both moved here in the early 50's while in gradeschool and met out here.

I lived in Flower Mound, just south of Denton, for 15 years. Went to university at SFA. I sure do miss it! I'm hoping to move back some day

Bum. I feel like my girls are getting close to laying! Super red combs and wattles. One even sort of squats when I pet her. It's like a squat walk lol . I was hoping they would start before the natural slow down cycle. Let me know if the lighting helps. I guess I'll just be waiting and waiting and waiting........

Lol. 3 of my 7 hens are doing the submissive squatting. They just started yesterday. Hoping that it goes well and I will be sure to let you know about the light.

Hooray!! One of my girls keeps going in the nest boxes and singing the egg song. Such a tease! Hopefully we will both be getting eggs soon! :D

Great news TX2CA! Got our first two eggs today! :)

The first one was lightly speckled with white and weighs 37.89 grams while the second was solid brown and weighs 39.65 grams.

Great news TX2CA! Got our first two eggs today! :)

The first one was lightly speckled with white and weighs 37.89 grams while the second was solid brown and weighs 39.65 grams.

Hooray for you!!! That's fantastic! I'm a little jealous lol, but so happy for you too :yiipchick
Are fresh eggs really as good as they say???

In the heart of cali

Back
Top Bottom