Fresno Poultry Show Feb. 23

jby

Hatching
11 Years
Feb 5, 2008
hello everyone,
i've received a notice that there is going to be a show that has other breeds such as oreintal and american bird showing at the same place and date? Is this the same or are they two different shows? Judge for this show is Bob LaMar. Please correct me because I want to attend the correct one, thanks

Hi and welcome!
big_smile.png

It looks like they are the same show.
Check out 2008 Greater California Show and then look at the show book.
There it lists the judge you mentioned on page 4.

Last edited:
Hello,

I just joined the BYC today. I've been a reader for a while and it seems like everyone has a lot of fun sharing the good the bad and the sometimes ugly and sad stories of our finely feathered friends. We live in the Sierra Mountains of Central California (below Yosemite). I'm the chickenhead of the family. It's only my Husband and myself, our three kids are grown and out of the house.

I told DH what I wanted for Valentines day and it was to go to the 2008 GREATER CALIFORNIA SHOW at the Fresno Fairgrounds. He said it's a date. I'm so excited, I've never been to a show, can anyone give me any pointers as of the Do's and the Don'ts. I'm looking to buy Large Standard Splash Cochin hens. Does anyone know what the cost of hens go for at these shows and what is the likely hood of me finding them there?

OK I think that's enough for now, Hope to hear from you soon! Mary Ann AKA :¦:-•*LOVE_COCHINS*•-:¦:

P.S. Is there a way that I can edit my user name?

Looks like there are BYC folks getting excited about the Fresno show. I'm waiting for it with antici--------pation.

My sister and I will be there, both of us Portuguese girls with a genetic predisposition towards chickens. Neither of us have any chickens yet, but are looking forward to seeing all the feathered lovelies.

How will we recognize all the BYC folks? Buttons, a white carnation on one sleeve, hmmmm?

Anna, aka tremayne

I got a commerical table to sell so you'll probly see me there.

Does anyone know what the cost of hens go for at these shows and what is the likely hood of me finding them there?

Depends on the quality, do you plan on showing or well they be yard ornaments? lol I say that because my wife just into Bramhas this year & they are loose in the yard with muscovie ducks so I tease her about them being our yard orn.

The sale area is like a pot luck, you can't be sure of what you'll find, if there is no birds you like for sale then go to the sec. table get an exh. list & look at the birds being shown find the owners & talk to them, sometimes they'll sell birds that are being shown or they'll have something at home they didn't bring, just don't be afraid to talk & ask questions, we are all there for fun. If you have any quesstions just look me up, I'll have a table & will be selling carriers for birds.

"PKSBackyardfarms"

Bill​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom