Fridge eggs-

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA

Got these fridge eggs from a health food store they claim to be fertile, and the farm is 2 hrs away.. fridge eggs will hatch out 50% but I am sure that is unwashed. since these were washed we will see- I will up date as we go..
this is my bator- the eggs will be in here. Dry hatch. I don't have a thermometer on them but my incubator is pretty consistant.

I will pull the clears on day 3/4- I can tell that soon if fertile- then from there we will judge the hatch percent.

I will be back with an up day in 3 days.

Good luck
smile.png

no- I have done this before- they are done after so many days though, these of course are the health food eggs- I don't know the history- just that they were delivered on Sun. and I put them in today wed.

it is hard to see here- I decided to go with 3 bators- I don't even know the egg total, the far bator has the health food store eggs- the middle one has eggs from my chickens some from my fridge fresh though, and some straight from the hen. (the middle one I am not sure if they are fertile, young rooster.)

so it is store vs. fresh going on here.

the incubator to the right I put in a friend's eggs. they are messy but they might have a better chance than the health food eggs because the bloom was not washed off. I didn't set all of these. just the cleaner ones. Some of these eggs were from under the hen, and some from a fridge- the fridge ones in his group I don't know the age on these.

I removed MY chickens eggs from the incubator, since my rooster was too young to breed. My friends eggs are showing signs, might be too soon to tell on the health food store eggs.

I wrote on the bottom of the eggs to keep the store ones and my friend's eggs separate, and for the most part keeping them in separate incubators.

so far day 2, health food store eggs, one is showing signs,

11 of my friends eggs, some from the fridge are showing signs floating bullseye. It is too early for a serious candling and I will check again in a couple of days.

Last edited:
the health food eggs are starting to look fertile-active...I cannot say how many yet...

I went and picked up Fertile eggs today from a poster here, thought about stopping off at trader Joes to see what they had, but then changed my mind, I'm still new enough at this that when I do that they will be the only eggs in the bator...
Watching to see how yours do tho...When they list them as fertile do they list the breeds???

I have no clue the breed, mine are brown egg- so not leghorn, most likely the farm where they came from they chose really good egg layers so RIR or Golden comet, Trader joe's might not be a good pick- my farm was 2 hrs away, and the eggs were at the store just 3 days, most stores they are not that fresh. I would ask at a health food store when they get deliveries. good luck!

Back
Top Bottom