Fried Chicken - with photos

Someone would report us and ask to have it moved from recipes to meat birds and processing. LOL
wink.png

thumbsup.gif
Thanks for the inspiration. I just seasoned some chicken and ran out to the store for some buttermilk. I cant wait for lunch tomorrow!
thumbsup.gif

So turning it is the trick? I didn't make good fried chicken until I started doing oven-fried chicken--then all of a sudden it was pretty good, I guess because I was only turning it once.

Thank you for sharing your recipe and directions.

My family has been after me to make fried chicken for them and DH saw me reading your post...there's no getting out of it now!
gig.gif

I reread the whole thread and don't know if I just missed it or not, but do you have a guess as to how long you cook the pieces on each side? I am a little worried about under cooking it.

Quote:
Okay THAT is fabulous!!! I wondered about lard... I have never used it cuz the consistancy is just slimey gross. Does it make the coating have any taste to it like vegetable oil does? What about that crisco stuff? Is that considered lard or just shortening>>
THANKS, Angie, your familiy is way lucky to have you
christina

And can you give me and approximation on the temp of the oil when you begin to fry? My chicken always has a burnt spot so I guess my oil must be too hot.
hmm.png

I don't measure a temp but if I had to guess 325F.

No lard is not slimey. You cook clean with it as long as the meat fries when it hits the pan.

Crisco is shortening and it works but it doesn't crisp like lard does.

Thank you MissPrissy! The fam and I just finished a fantastic fried chicken dinner! I added dill weed to the flour, it added a great little touch.

Back
Top Bottom