Fried Chicken - with photos

So... I'm your typical Southern Californian (Fried food is BAD! It will make you fat and give you heart attacks!!) but this was sooooo goooood!
cool.png
I saw the pictures and I just had to try it. Something about the buttermilk, I think. The chicken was so tender and had a hint of that buttermilk flavor. I seasoned the flour with lemon pepper. Mmmm mmmm.

OMG I am hungry !!
Miss Prissy how long would you cook chicken breasts
and Chicken legs for without the thigh attached? Approx. ??

and would you cover the pan? Merci

Last edited:
That just looks nummy..something new for making my fried chicken in future..and thanks for the tip on the salt..didn't know that...I make southern fried chicken like my mom did growing up in Ga salt and pepper and flour and the grease like you did..the other day my daughter called me to ask me how I make my chicken and I told her and she made it and my granddaughter that loves my southern fried chicken said mom it was good but not as good as grandmas, she is 17 and coming back down to live with me this next Sunday...I think it is just for my southern fried chicken..but I am going to try it your way..thanks Miss Prissy.

Glad you all are enjoying the chicken.

For chicken breasts make sure you have a 'fryer' and not a roaster. Those thick breasts are likely to burn before they cook through. Mine cook about the same time as the legs in general.

I use a thinnner breasted young cockeral for frying. We rarely buy chicken.

Using MP's suggestion to actually turn the heat down to 325 we made
our best fried chicken ever. We used our small deep fryer with a peanut/
vegie oil blend and tried a few batched with regular bread crumbs and
a few batches with seasoned flour. Double dipping helped a lot too.

The prep:
P1010036-1.jpg

Reg bread crumbs:
P1010041-3.jpg

Seasoned flour: YUMB
P1010042-1.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom