1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fried rice anyone???

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by hisbride, Jul 5, 2007.

1. hisbride

hisbride Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    GA
    So we finished dinner and there is some fried rice left over. Homemade with whole grain brown rice. I don't know why I make cause no one eats it. Can the chickens have it?

sorry for the typos. Fingers move faster than the brain.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  2. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    They would love it! I give my chickens all my leftovers they come running everytime they see me. lol

3. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Oh, I'm sure they'd love it! But then so would I. lol. Since it's cooked it should be fine. (or you could just stick it in the mail)..

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

My girls LOVE rice.go mad over it...........do it for them all the time.and they are finicky [​IMG]

5. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    Mine love rice. I thought I heard someone here that rice makes their poop not smell so bad?

6. urbanfred

urbanfred Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2007
    Portland
    My girls like rice, but they adore shrimp fried rice. They eat the shrimp instantly, like they were sowbugs! Then, they might eat some of the rice too, but the shrimp is the biggie. Just what we need- gourmet chickens....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by