chicken not eating all that much

JammyWammy

In the Brooder
May 29, 2023
chicken isn't really eating all that much. it's eating enough for me not to worry about it starving but not a peck beyond that
my dad has been pressing me to feed it cooked rice since that stuff it eats like candy, but im concerned since some sources i googled say adamantly that you shouldn't feed chickens a lot of rice since its very addictive but my dad's argument is that its still better than a chicken that barely eats at all
so far ive tried putting the pellets in water to make it mushy and that failed, i tried putting the pellets in a mixture of wheat, corn and whole oats and it's eating only a tiny bit out of that, and its not even eating the pellets
right now it's eating mostly parsley and basically nothing else and my dad has been constantly reminding me to add cooked rice into its main diet, and i have no idea what to do at all i just dont want the chicken to be malnourished

chicken isn't really eating all that much. it's eating enough for me not to worry about it starving but not a peck beyond that
my dad has been pressing me to feed it cooked rice since that stuff it eats like candy, but im concerned since some sources i googled say adamantly that you shouldn't feed chickens a lot of rice since its very addictive but my dad's argument is that its still better than a chicken that barely eats at all
so far ive tried putting the pellets in water to make it mushy and that failed, i tried putting the pellets in a mixture of wheat, corn and whole oats and it's eating only a tiny bit out of that, and its not even eating the pellets
right now it's eating mostly parsley and basically nothing else and my dad has been constantly reminding me to add cooked rice into its main diet, and i have no idea what to do at all i just dont want the chicken to be malnourished
Try a scrambled egg

Does this chicken live with other chickens? How old is it? What kind of pellets are you feeding?
i actually didnt realise that you were a person your profile was so fancy i thought its an ad
it lives by itself but that should change soon, we already bought other chickens once i can guarantee that they're healthy ill mix them in, the chicken looks like it's around 2~3 months old, i dont know what type of pellets but i have attached a picture of them

Attachments

• 1689356364707.jpg
    1689356364707.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom