friendly chicken

proud_chicken_owner

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2020
So, i went out to my coop and my leghorn chicken was just sitting there and letting me pet her. This is strange because all 4 of my leghorns run away if you get near. it snowed today, could it be that she was cold and my hands were warm? any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

I have three chickens that are pretty tame. They still run away a bit when you first come in tho so I'd be worried about illness especially if this isn't normal behavior for them.

Does she look fluffed up / sick?
How old is she? My young pullets often like physical contact with me, only when they start laying becoming far more flightly.
I also like your theory of her being cold, was she already sitting there when you came up to her, and where were the other hens?

Does she look fluffed up / sick?
How old is she? My young pullets often like physical contact with me, only when they start laying becoming far more flightly.
I also like your theory of her being cold, was she already sitting there when you came up to her, and where were the other hens?

No, she wasn't puffed up.
She's about a year old.
She was walking around pecking the ground with the other chickens, and would stop when I was petting her. The other hens were walking around and acting normal

Back
Top Bottom