Friendly chickens have suddenly turned aggressive.

Awwwww! So cute... are you allowed roosters where you’re at? What are your plans now?

Technically I'm not allowed ANY chickens. I rent, but the landlord lives next door and is super cool with what I do. I found a fantastic home for them by accident a month ago! I casually posted on a local homesteading group wondering how hard a rooster was to rehome. I knew even then that Angry Baby was a male, so I was going to find him a home sooner rather than later. A lady offered to take him, and his friends. And any other chickens I raise that I can't keep. (She's getting about 20 chickens off me. No regrets) She has 40 or so acres of land, and just lets her chickens free range. She keeps them for bugs, so no butchering ever. So they're going to be free ranging chickens on a farm for life. She may someday breed them for cute babies to add to her collection. She got even more excited when she found out they were tame - her 3 year old is sad that her 20 chickens are wild and won't be held.

I'd fully planned on people butchering the chickens, so a home like that is a once in a million thing. She's actually hopefully coming this weekend to pick them up! So good timing for Angry Baby. Coming to check on him and seeing their stunned faces will forever be a fond memory. They went from crazy chirping to silent after he belted it out.

Glad you got it all sorted out and that your babies will have an appropriate home! Also glad you were prepared for the worst possibility for the cockerels going into it...

Back
Top Bottom