Friendly

Orpingtons, polish, and white rocks have been wonderful for us.

Rhode island red roos have horrible reputations but our five roos that we incubated were super sweet and I could pick them up and hug them. We have had multiple mixes and for some reason they've been the absolute worst jerks no matter if they were raised by us from baby or if someone else gave them to us so I would go with a straight breed.

We've had aggressive cuckoo maran, welsummer, jersey giant (by far the most mildly aggressive roo though, he would just whack you to make you get away from the hens), and the occasional sassy white rock.

In the future i would like to get a rooster .What are the top 5 most friendliest breeds of roosters you can think of ?

Within any breed, some will be better than others.

You could buy an adult rooster from someone. That gives you the chance to evaluate that particular rooster before buying him. (Although I once bought a rooster that seemed fine, and over the next few months he started to act aggressive, so it's not a foolproof solution.)

Another option is to buy several male chicks, and plan to butcher & eat all but one as they grow up. That way you end up keeping the best one. (They can be all one breed, if you know what breed you want, or one each of several breeds if you aren't sure.)

And of course you can get recommendations, buy a single male chick, raise him up, and hope for the best. That method has worked out well for some people, and less well for other people, so I can't predict how it would do for you.

Back
Top Bottom