Friesian Fowl Q&A Discussion Thread

Very interesting thread Nickeyo, I was about to ask the difference between barring and penciling when someone beat me to it. So now I know. I would think it's a big plus that comb development is at a young age. I like to try and learn something about many breeds.

Last edited:
I think I have 3 Friesians, they are about 4 months old, how can I tell what sex they are? Can any one advise please? :)

Yes they were in Kentucky, likely the same person. Beggar-ticks Farm I think was the name. I plan to get some chicks in the spring from them.
Do you have any friesian chicks? I asked Beggar-ticks Farm if they had any and she said she doesnt have them any more

I have Lemon friesian gulls. I think that is the same thing?

Here are pictures of my 2 month olds from today

These are a week old. I took these yesterday. They are both gold and silver.

Wow they are very pretty, any more recent pictures???

Thank you! Today's picture of some of the older lemons color ones. These are calm, beautiful birds who are very good foragers.

My gold ones are starting to get their color too, but I don't have any recent pictures. I am not sure these are the chickens this thread was started for since I posted the pictures above. These are from GFF and they call them East Frisian Gulls. I have searched for Friesian Fowl and they seem to be a smaller bird, but I really can't find good information.

They do seem to be friesians but you can only really tell once they mature
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom