Friesian Fowl Q&A Discussion Thread

I bought some gold east Frisian gulls Sat ..
Probably 2 boys & a girl ? not sure if I will keep them

The littles are Appenzeller Spitzhauben

Last edited:
I wish more people knew about these Frisian Gulls. My husband calls them either "the nice chickens" or " the calm chickens". They even share his workspace with him. I think they are gorgeous!

I just made an order for cream Frisian chicks from GFF. I should get them by July 11th. Can't wait and I am so glad to have found this thread with more information about them.

Really difficult to find info from anyone that has had them for any length of time.

Boomer, love your chicks! Are those the cream or gold? You can tell I am totally new to this breed.

I just made an order for cream Frisian chicks from GFF. I should get them by July 11th. Can't wait and I am so glad to have found this thread with more information about them.

Really difficult to find info from anyone that has had them for any length of time.

Boomer, love your chicks! Are those the cream or gold? You can tell I am totally new to this breed.

Those are lemon. These are my gold ones. I like this breed more and more. They are calm, friendly, forage well and get along with other breeds.

Thx Cree. Your Frisians are beautiful.

When posting I could not remember the name of 'lemon' until after. The lemon are my favorite, "I think". at least so far and that is what I ordered.

Where did you originally get your birds?

Thx Cree. Your Frisians are beautiful.

When posting I could not remember the name of 'lemon' until after. The lemon are my favorite, "I think". at least so far and that is what I ordered.

Where did you originally get your birds?

My first 4 lemons, I got from a lady who got them from GFF. I liked them so well I got some myself from GFF via a RBA. They were 1/2 gold and 1/2 lemons. I haven't seen the silver ones which are supposed to be the most rare though. I read they are red listed on the endangered species list. My first ones are about 5 months old and they are getting to be good size birds. There is so little information about them that I don't really know what to expect in terms of egg production and broodiness. They continue to surprise me!

What does RBA stand for?
Interesting regarding the Silver color. The gal on the phone at GFF said she liked the silver best. Maybe I will have them put a couple silver in, too.
The little info I have gathered on the breed has been positive.

What does RBA stand for?
Interesting regarding the Silver color. The gal on the phone at GFF said she liked the silver best. Maybe I will have them put a couple silver in, too.
The little info I have gathered on the breed has been positive.

Rare Breed Auction- It is where GFF has auctions on their birds. The prices are much better, but it is extremely addicting. I can't even look at that site without money flying out of my paypal account.

Back
Top Bottom