Friesian Fowl Q&A Discussion Thread

Pics
I ordered two Frisian Gulls from GFF in July. Both turned out to be Roosters! Really gorgeous lemons, but sadly no pullets. I am in Utah. Anyone out there close by that owns this breed? I have to say I am sold on them. I can't keep two roos, but I can't part with one either to someone who doesn't care or know what the breed is. I am looking for a pullet....

My brave guys (Lemon Frisian Gulls) protected their girls from a coyote. I lost 3 cockerels. I have one left because he was in a different area. My girls have just started laying and their eggs should be getting large enough to hatch within the next month. I don't need another cockerel, but might be able to help you get pullets in a bit!

Do you have Lemon? I have 4 pairs of gold I am looking for new homes for. Just not enough room for everything. I've got to reduce numbers before winter.

Hi Cree,
I ordered the Lemon from GFF, however, one of the Roos head and shawl is darker than the other. I need to send you a pic so you can see if one could be a gold.
Can you breed lemon to gold or keep the colors separate?
I truly am a backyard chicken breeder as we have no property and live in town. I tried selling the one Roo, but I think the breed is so rare that they think I made up the name, ha. Or, think perhaps they are half gull, who knows, but I get no responses. The two roos are starting to fight now and I don't like to see that.
I would be interested in eggs, but will have to wait until Feb. or March to get them.
Do you still like the breed as much as you did?
Do you find the Roos to be aggressive as they mature?

Thx,

Hi Cree,
I ordered the Lemon from GFF, however, one of the Roos head and shawl is darker than the other. I need to send you a pic so you can see if one could be a gold.
Can you breed lemon to gold or keep the colors separate?
I truly am a backyard chicken breeder as we have no property and live in town. I tried selling the one Roo, but I think the breed is so rare that they think I made up the name, ha. Or, think perhaps they are half gull, who knows, but I get no responses. The two roos are starting to fight now and I don't like to see that.
I would be interested in eggs, but will have to wait until Feb. or March to get them.
Do you still like the breed as much as you did?
Do you find the Roos to be aggressive as they mature?

Thx,

My lemon boy is not aggressive in the least. The gold ones are protective. They have not challenged me, but if the girls seem upset, they will stand between me and the girls.
I think they are very beautiful. They seem to like room to run and free range. The girls that are laying are currently giving me 5-6 eggs each a week, which is good.
I believe it is best to keep the colors separated. Otherwise you wouldn't have the individual colors. There is a silver also, but I haven't seen it.
In my gold pen, there is a very definite top cockerel. He makes sure the other boys know it too. He hasn't hurt anybody, but they stay out of his way.
You are correct that nobody knows about them!

I was just offered a couple of Frisian Gulls pullets. I've done some reading on them, but can't find how they take to confinement. I have a 14x20' area for 7 hens. I was only going to have 5 hens, but you know, ....

I was just offered a couple of Frisian Gulls pullets. I've done some reading on them, but can't find how they take to confinement. I have a 14x20' area for 7 hens. I was only going to have 5 hens, but you know, ....

I would jump at the opportunity! I'm thinking they will do fine. I have 10 in an area about that same size and they are good.

Welcome to BYC and the Frisian thread btw!

I would jump at the opportunity! I'm thinking they will do fine. I have 10 in an area about that same size and they are good.

Welcome to BYC and the Frisian thread btw!
Thank you. I contacted the person back. Waiting to hear from her.

Thank you. I contacted the person back. Waiting to hear from her.

I'll be getting a chick from her in the spring. Her pullets she has right now are 5 months old, and my oldest chick is 4-5 weeks old. I didn't want to mix them like that. She also has Swedish Flower Hens, and I will be getting one of them too. :)

I'll be getting a chick from her in the spring. Her pullets she has right now are 5 months old, and my oldest chick is 4-5 weeks old. I didn't want to mix them like that. She also has Swedish Flower Hens, and I will be getting one of them too. :)

That sounds great! I didn't know anyone besides me had both breeds. I had a whoops, which was a frisian cockerel and a SFH hen. It was a cute little yellow chick who was definitely not SFH. It went to Montana to live. A real cutie though!

Congratulations on an exciting spring! I have eggs from my frisians in the incubator now and will post pictures when they hatch.

Hi Cree, will you be selling any Frisian hatching eggs anytime soon?
I live in Salt Lake City, UT. I have one lonely gorgeous Frisian rooster.
I am the one that bought three from GFF last Spring and ended up with three roosters!
Do you find you roosters to be non aggressive? So far, ours is not aggressive at all.

Back
Top Bottom