Frindizzle's Chat Thread

xD Yep...

how are you?

I'm great, thanks! June (24 wks) laid her first egg today in an old flower box. The under side of the flower box is hollow and the cats have access to it 24/7 as a den to sleep in if they don't come inside at night. They were very confused to find an egg in their napping spot! I'm also clearing out the backyard a bit. It is mostly chokecherry and scrub oak so overgrown you can't see more than 15 ft in front of you... less in the summer. I just cut out all the trees and suckers shorter than me and WOW, you can walk! The girls like picking over the my handiwork for edibles and adding an opinion every now and then.

Quote: Congrats on the egg! Do you have any photos?

I know.... and all the shrubs are going to come back. Our goats do help with that, but since we sold our Saanen goats and got Nigerians, we have had more difficulty.... since we now have Nigerians, and they are tiny! (At least compared to the Saanen goats xP)

No photos of June's egg, but I have some of my black star's egg (if I ever download it onto the computer). It is covered in tiny white speckles. :) Two last chickens waiting to lay: my BPR and little brown leghorn.

I don't know if a goat would have been able to penetrate my backyard... it was overgrown and dense when we moved in fifteen/fourteen years ago and never got a trim in all that time. Here is a picture on one of the paths the dog made.. in a thinner area. Do you see this as the backyard on a third acre lot in a non forrested 70s neighborhood? Or a hiking trail in the mountains?:lol:

Funny thing is our front yard, although on a hill, is just grass, holes and a few shade trees.

No photos of June's egg, but I have some of my black star's egg (if I ever download it onto the computer). It is covered in tiny white speckles.
smile.png
Two last chickens waiting to lay: my BPR and little brown leghorn.

I don't know if a goat would have been able to penetrate my backyard... it was overgrown and dense when we moved in fifteen/fourteen years ago and never got a trim in all that time. Here is a picture on one of the paths the dog made.. in a thinner area. Do you see this as the backyard on a third acre lot in a non forrested 70s neighborhood? Or a hiking trail in the mountains?
lol.png

Funny thing is our front yard, although on a hill, is just grass, holes and a few shade trees.
Your forest looks great! Ours is covered in blackberries and other prickly plants.
rant.gif
xP

It does look like a hiking trail in the mountains..... I used to live in Colorado and loved to take hikes there - looks a lot like that. Goats would love the vegetation
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom