Frist hatch attemp results

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dutchman, Mar 2, 2008.

1. dutchman

dutchman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2007
    Lebanon TN
    Can I get a amen!! Finished my frist hatch attemp yesterday and man am I a happy little camper or what?? W ould not of tried if not for this great site and all of the knowledge that floats around here . Sometime that's not all that floats around here if you know what I mean. HaHa!!! Well I have to give two thumbs up to Double R Discount. that's where I got my bator and a dozen Golden Dutch eggs. Sure liked the way they were packed. All were intacted, and they sent me 14. After day 7 candeling, three were clear and two were not as developed as the others. So after day 14 I trashed the five, and the remaining were looking good. Eight of the nine hatched, and one started to hatch but ended up died in the shell. I'm still very pleased with the outcome. It can always be worse. I have a few pics to share hope you will enjoy, and good luck to everone with your hatches. Dutchman[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] there's some of that other stuff right now!!!

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    cute little cotton balls ya got there. That is awesome. my first hatch was 0%. You did better then me lol!

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

[​IMG]

4. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice job, Dutchman!!!! Isn't this fun! What are you hatching next??

Lori

5. turnerstar31

turnerstar31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    very nice what kind of bator did u get

6. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

AMEN............. happy for you dutchman...I am waiting on a lone pipper to hatch today [​IMG]

7. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Congrats on the babies! You did great.

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Congrats on the hatch! I love the present it gave the camera on the edge of the bator! I got my LG from Double R, it's been good too.
    K

9. dutchman

dutchman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2007
    Lebanon TN
    Thanks all. I got a hova-bator with fan and turner. I have a trio of Sliverduck wing oeg and a pair of Blacktailed White Japs that I hope will get busy. If not I may get some Light Brown Dutch from Double R.

10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Congrats on your hatch! I had a good one too. Doesn't it make you happy to see all of those fluffly little butts looking up at you?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by