Frittata yumminess!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by OccamsTazer, Dec 11, 2009.

1. OccamsTazer

OccamsTazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    I've been having fits lately about what to do with all the eggs we're getting. ~6 eggs a day for a family of two is insane. I give them to absolutely everyone, but we're still drowning in eggs!
    Frittata finally crossed my mind, so I made it tonight, and it was fabulous.

I beat 6 eggs, added about 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, chopped artichoke hearts, lightly cooked chopped onions, shredded parmesan, and chopped garlic.
    Baked the whole thing at 350 in a pie pan.

It's maaaahvelous, dahlings!

Next time I'm going to do a ham and cheese one. I stay away from the carbs, so I'm wondering what would happen if I omitted the breadcrumbs? Anyway, I highly recommend frittata.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  2. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    Breakfast frittata here:
    shredded hashbrowns, onions, bacon, whatever cheese we have, usually 6 eggs and a touch of milk. If I don't get it to turn right we make it into breakfast burritos.

Lunch frittata:
    If it's left over it's game [​IMG]

Mini fritatas:
    same as above but cooked in a WELL greased muffin tin

My favorite combo so far has been veggie soup that was drained of the broth, a little bit of shredded chicken added, eggs, salt, milk.....
  3. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    No Fair ......Now I am hungry! AGAIN

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by