Frizzle Bantam hen - what color eggs should she give?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by 19hhbelgian, Apr 9, 2009.

1. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    I have a Frizzle hen that I rescued, have re-habbed, and she is again laying [​IMG] My question is, what color eggs should she have? I ask this because she's laying green eggs! It was a cool surprise, but was wondering if this is normal... Thanks!!

2. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Chillin' With My Peeps

Umm, yeah. She's not a Cochin frizz, that's for sure. Her eggs should be a creamy to tan color.
    But, hey! Green eggs are cool! [​IMG]
    Good job on the rehab!

3. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    there are many different types of frizzles....... can you get a picture of her for us? we could be of better help then (maybe). [​IMG]
    And we just love to see pics. [​IMG]

4. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    I'm jealous, a frizzle EE! I've been thinking about trying to make one. My EE roo seems willing to try.... [​IMG]

5. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    I'll get some pics and try to post them... Haven't figured that part out yet [​IMG] Thanks for the answers so far - much appreciated!

6. blonduh

blonduh New Egg

Jul 31, 2013
    Well, I guess I am not the only one that was surprised. I have a frizzle silky mix. She is adorable. However, knowing that I have 1 green egg layer, 1 blue egg layer and 2 pink layers I was surprised to find another colored egg. I was stumped for a few days until I saw my frizzle silky nesting and there appeared a smaller egg that was bluish green in color. So to answer your question, it sure seems possible.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by