Frizzle Cochin: He or She?

juliecox

Songster
10 Years
Jul 27, 2009
Arlington, TX
Hi! I got this frizzle cochin (as an egg) from DipsyDoodleDoo. It might be a bit of mix. It's an unusual shade of gray, isn't he? What I really want to know is, is this a cockerel or a pullet? It's about a month old, so perhaps too early to tell, but I'd like to hear your best guess! Sorry for the tiny pics, right now my phone is the only camera I have. Thanks!

cochin1.jpg
cochin2.jpg
cochin3.jpg

About a month old..rooster sorry
hide.gif
your pics are not that great of his comb but what we can see looks red already.It also looks more like a splash not a blue..He is a mix...his feet look like the wrong color-must be yellow and his legs look clean not feathered.But,his frizzling is nice and even not that curly but still he's a very pretty boy that could make some cute fluffy conversation pieces.

Hi Julie! What a cutie! If it is from the eggs shipped 8/13, it must be from the Frizzle Naked Neck Green-Egger pen.
Here are some of it's siblings:

If it had been a girl, it would have laid the prettiest blue/green eggs, but it looks kinda boy-ish (still carries the blue egg gene).

smile.png

Lisa

Last edited:
Well drat ... I'll give him another month before I call him a rooster for sure. Alas, I cannot have roosters in Arlington! It figures that my favorite would be a rooster! Anyone in DFW need a bee-yooo-tee-ful frizzle cochin mix, possibly carrying blue/green egg and naked neck genes?

Back
Top Bottom