Frizzle Cochin: He or She?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by juliecox, Oct 12, 2010.

1. juliecox

juliecox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Arlington, TX
    Hi! I got this frizzle cochin (as an egg) from DipsyDoodleDoo. It might be a bit of mix. It's an unusual shade of gray, isn't he? What I really want to know is, is this a cockerel or a pullet? It's about a month old, so perhaps too early to tell, but I'd like to hear your best guess! Sorry for the tiny pics, right now my phone is the only camera I have. Thanks!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I say cockeral. That comb is pink already.

3. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:x2

4. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    About a month old..rooster sorry [​IMG] your pics are not that great of his comb but what we can see looks red already.It also looks more like a splash not a blue..He is a mix...his feet look like the wrong color-must be yellow and his legs look clean not feathered.But,his frizzling is nice and even not that curly but still he's a very pretty boy that could make some cute fluffy conversation pieces.

5. Hi Julie! What a cutie! If it is from the eggs shipped 8/13, it must be from the Frizzle Naked Neck Green-Egger pen.
    Here are some of it's siblings:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

If it had been a girl, it would have laid the prettiest blue/green eggs, but it looks kinda boy-ish (still carries the blue egg gene).

[​IMG]
    Lisa

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  6. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    cool rooster your very lucky

7. juliecox

juliecox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Arlington, TX
    Well drat ... I'll give him another month before I call him a rooster for sure. Alas, I cannot have roosters in Arlington! It figures that my favorite would be a rooster! Anyone in DFW need a bee-yooo-tee-ful frizzle cochin mix, possibly carrying blue/green egg and naked neck genes?

8. cleigh9579

cleigh9579 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2010
    arlington TX
    Hi neighbor. I hate that we cant have roos. I am trying to figure out my chicks too. Good luck.

9. huckleberryfarm

huckleberryfarm Chickenista

Jan 7, 2010
    Greenwood, SC
    Yep, roo. None of my girl frizzle cochins look like that and especially not that early. He's pretty though!

10. chicken wild

chicken wild Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Franklin Ga
    boy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by