Frizzle Cochin: He or She?

juliecox

Songster
10 Years
Jul 27, 2009
Arlington, TX
Hi! I got this frizzle cochin (as an egg) from DipsyDoodleDoo. It might be a bit of mix. It's an unusual shade of gray, isn't he? What I really want to know is, is this a cockerel or a pullet? It's about a month old, so perhaps too early to tell, but I'd like to hear your best guess! Sorry for the tiny pics, right now my phone is the only camera I have. Thanks!

cochin1.jpg
cochin2.jpg
cochin3.jpg

HBuehler

Songster
10 Years
Jun 30, 2009
Lebanon TN
About a month old..rooster sorry
hide.gif
your pics are not that great of his comb but what we can see looks red already.It also looks more like a splash not a blue..He is a mix...his feet look like the wrong color-must be yellow and his legs look clean not feathered.But,his frizzling is nice and even not that curly but still he's a very pretty boy that could make some cute fluffy conversation pieces.

Dipsy Doodle Doo

ODD BIRD
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Aiken, South Carolina 29801
My Coop
My Coop
Hi Julie! What a cutie! If it is from the eggs shipped 8/13, it must be from the Frizzle Naked Neck Green-Egger pen.
Here are some of it's siblings:

If it had been a girl, it would have laid the prettiest blue/green eggs, but it looks kinda boy-ish (still carries the blue egg gene).

smile.png

Lisa

Last edited:

juliecox

Songster
10 Years
Jul 27, 2009
Arlington, TX
Well drat ... I'll give him another month before I call him a rooster for sure. Alas, I cannot have roosters in Arlington! It figures that my favorite would be a rooster! Anyone in DFW need a bee-yooo-tee-ful frizzle cochin mix, possibly carrying blue/green egg and naked neck genes?

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom