Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Rooster

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

BlueberryEyes

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 22, 2013
This thing is about 1 year old and we thought it was a hen. It doesn't crow, but it sure does bite. I thought it had layed a few eggs because we had smaller unidentified eggs in with the other hens' eggs. I only have large chickens, so it couldn't be theirs. And it wasn't a wind egg.
I'm trying to sell it, but someone kept trying to tell me it is a rooster. Am I wrong?

It also sits on the eggs. Do roosters normally do that?

Does anyone know about what age frizzles begin to crow? It doesn't crow at all.

Definitely roo. He has those shiny hackle feathers that give him away. Sometimes roos will sleep/hang out in the nesting box, making them appear to be hens, but sometimes they just like being alone and have some place to themselves. I think you just got lucky and have a quiet roo

Defiantly roo

Definitely roo. He has those shiny hackle feathers that give him away. Sometimes roos will sleep/hang out in the nesting box, making them appear to be hens, but sometimes they just like being alone and have some place to themselves. I think you just got lucky and have a quiet roo

I agree with " Mountain Peeps and Cyan Night

He is without a doubt all male! No girly parts there at all!

Last edited:

I swore it layed eggs because someone has been laying small eggs that don't look like the big girls and it doesn't ever make a sound unless pecked.

I can't stand this chicken. I'm sure we will never have any frizzles again.

Thankfully, none of my eggs look fertilized. We don't keep roosters around here.

I swore it layed eggs because someone has been laying small eggs that don't look like the big girls and it doesn't ever make a sound unless pecked.

I can't stand this chicken.  I'm sure we will never have any frizzles again. 

Thankfully, none of my eggs look fertilized.  We don't keep roosters around here.

Maybe we are all wrong and it is a pullet and laying little eggs! But they are some long hackle feathers!

Back
Top Bottom