frizzled chicks

Chick_in_Indiana

Songster
12 Years
Dec 14, 2007
NE Indiana
this is 4wk old angle. is she over frizzled? or is she frizzled just right?
029.jpg
The black one poof is also a frizzle. will he show any signs of frizzle when he gets bigger? Any ideas on how to sex them at this age.
030.jpg

I don't know anything about frizzles, other than that all the pics I have seen of them look like the white one....curly feathers everywhere including the wings. Maybe the black one didn;t get the gene???? Hopefully someone else can tell more.

The little white one is BEAUTIFULL!! I dont think she is over frizzled. Just waite till she has her first molt this fall....you will be in love!
The little black one...looks like it didnt get the frizzle gene. Sure is a pretty little thing! I have to black hens....that didnt get the drizzle gene. Fancy pants, and Britches. They are soo sweet!

It is more frizzled than mine was at that age, started with just the tips of her wings then grew into this, I think if the frizzle gene was there the tips would have turned up already, mine turned as soon as they started to grow in.
HPIM0332.jpg

I bought eggs from a lady in Texas and only 2 hatched (I'm not to good at hatching) anyway they are frizzles. They are soo pretty. At 7 weeks the roo was already trying to crow, he sounded like a dog that was hit by a car! Both your chicks are cute.

Kelly

Back
Top Bottom