Frizzled sebrights?

miss heny

BYC Cryptid
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 30, 2010
Louisville, Mississippi
Now mind you this iz a idea... But can it be done? I know with the Hen fethering abouf 25% of normal sebrights die in the shells,so what would the frizzle gene do? and if it can be even done what would you use to start minus the sebright?

I have never heard that there was a fatal genetic condition connected to hen feathering. As to Frizzling any breed/variety can be made into a Frizzled form. All it takes is introducing the gene & many generations of selective breeding to get back to something resembling a Sebright.

I have never heard that there was a fatal genetic condition connected to hen feathering. As to Frizzling any breed/variety can be made into a Frizzled form. All it takes is introducing the gene & many generations of selective breeding to get back to something resembling a Sebright.
I have read it in one of my chicken books (gotta find it) what type of frizzle would you suggest? I was truthfully thinking serama.

Last edited:
I have read it in one of my chicken books (gotta find it) what type of frizzle would you suggest? I was truthfully thinking serama.

Don't see why a Serama wouldn't work.
Are you sure you didn't read about the short-legged gene [Creeper] in Japanese Bantams?

Back
Top Bottom