Frizzled Silkie Question

kissofcrimson

Chirping
Jan 17, 2016
Fayetteville, North Carolina
I know this may sound like a stupid question but I'm new to the breed. I was wondering if sexing Frizzled Silkies is the same as sexing the smooth ones. I have 2 couple week old silkie babies and one is a frizzle. I know it'll be a few weeks before I can determine but didn't know if being a frizzle makes it harder to sex or not.

I know this may sound like a stupid question but I'm new to the breed. I was wondering if sexing Frizzled Silkies is the same as sexing the smooth ones. I have 2 couple week old silkie babies and one is a frizzle. I know it'll be a few weeks before I can determine but didn't know if being a frizzle makes it harder to sex or not.
Sexing Frizzled Silkies is the same as sexing Silkies. Unfortunately, you won't be able to tell the gender in a couple weeks--more like months. Silkies are slow to mature so it is very hard to tell the gender at an early age.

How do u make a frizzled silkie....I just hatched eggs from a frizzle roo and a partrige silkie hen....I hatcked 7 I got the frizzle partrige color but all look like normal feathers none are silkied the have beards and starting to get tophats but not silkied.....also what about making silkied seramas. I have seramas I wanna make frizzled and silkied anyone no how to do it

Back
Top Bottom