Frog legs with wild rice and apple sauce

When all the kids are at our place, we will occasionally fee the chickens some left over noodles one at a time............ chicken football we call it. Complete with fumbles, tackles and touchdowns.

Frogs should be fine to give them. I haven't heard of a chicken choking yet. I'm sure it's happened somewhere but with the large number of people with so many chickens and all of them eating random items they've found it must not be very common or you'd hear some people warning of it. I've seen my bantams and standards argue over mice and the bantams seem to instinctively know what they cannot swallow and will give up the largest mice to the standards while hunting down smaller mice or if they find a nest the standards will go nuts chasing the adults while the bantams fight over the babies. I'd be somewhat cautious about toads since some are actually toxic but chickens seem pretty immune to ingested toxins so I wouldn't worry too much. I just would try to avoid giving it to them and tell the kids in the hope they'll at least partially listen and not feed out too many big toads.

Back
Top Bottom