Frogs... Some one else here has to keep frogs? Right?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by porkchop48, Jun 2, 2011.

1. porkchop48

porkchop48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Malta, OH
    Here is some of mine.... if I get this picture thing to work right.

[​IMG]

Female malaysian leaf frog

[​IMG]

Black eyed tree froglet

[​IMG]
    Bakhuis Mountain male

[​IMG]

extremely obese Azureus

[​IMG]
    Callhuaga Valley green tivattus

[​IMG]

female leucomela

2. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    WOW! Really neat, their colors are amazing. I don't keep frogs any longer, but when I was a kid, I rode my pony down to the river, collected a bunch of tadpoles and grew them out in a water hole. It was awesome. They were leopard frogs. They could recognize certain people too, they wouldn't jump in the water if I approached, but with other people they hopped right in for cover!

3. SimplySplendidSilkies

SimplySplendidSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Adairsville, GA
    Not frogs but I do have a very cool King Snake. The frogs are FaNtAsTiC! Love them. I would love to see a pic of the enclosure.
    Thanks for sharng I love the first one.

4. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Really cool frogs. They wouldn't last long around here. My ducks and chickens love toads and frogs! [​IMG] We do have a snake, gecko, skink and a tortoise though.
    ETA:
    Pic my kids took in our yard. Maybe I should leave out the pic of the duck with the toad. Alot of people on facebook took offense when I posted that one.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  5. justuschickens59

justuschickens59 VA Royal Blues

Apr 2, 2009
    Virginia
    Those are really amazing frogs !! I love toads and frogs. I don't "keep" frogs or toads, but we have a lot that live around our place. The toad in the pics below has lived pretty much on our front porch for at least 3 years (it might be 4 years now, but I can't remember). I have toad houses made from clay flowerpots all in my flower beds. Mr. Toad, my porch toad, has a flower pot on the porch filled with leaves, and a bowl of water right outside. He uses his water bowl as a swimming pool most days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Awesome frog pictures! I would love to have a planted aquarium some day with some poison dart frogs. We have a bunch of very colorful ones in the animal lab at college. Someday I'll own my own place where I can have whatever pets I want! until then I am at my college campus's mercy.

7. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

i have 4 frogs

2 african dwarf

1 spring peeper

1 toad

8. Epona142

Epona142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    Bedias, TX
    I love frogs and toads! Thank you for sharing!

I've always wanted to set up a tank with some nice darts, or a trio of red eyes, but have never had the chance. Maybe someday!

9. bagendhens

bagendhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Outside the Boundries
    i dont have any, but one day id LOVE an aborverium with red eyed tree frogs [​IMG] i LOVE LOVE LOVE tree frogs, especially the red and black eyes, so your little froglet makes me go SQUEE!

10. Aglaboost

Aglaboost Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2011
    Wow your frogs are awesome!

Just recently I have considered getting a frog or two. I think eventually I'd like a red eye tree frog and/or a waxy monkey tree frog.

Just amazing creatures!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by