1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FROM EGG TO CHICK

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenfeathers, Jun 28, 2007.

1. chickenfeathers

chickenfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

2. mamading

mamading Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2007
    Rhinelander, WI
    That was really neat! I showed my boys the pictures and they thought it was very interesting. My oldest (13 yr. old) said a few of those pictures look like something a coal miner hacked up. LOL

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:Leave it to a teenager!! [​IMG]

4. Country Gal

Country Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Capac, MI
    That was cool! How did you do that without the egg shell???

5. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:I'm pretty sure they just opened different eggs at various stages of development...

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I have a old copy of the book Egg to Hatch. It shows the samething only in black & white photos. My Daughter really enjoyed seeing how the chick developed. When we candle our eggs she goes and gets the book to compare too. Thanks for sharing that was very neat.

7. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    That was really cool! Does anyone know what ages those different stages are at? (as in incubation day #) I had an egg that my broody wasn't sitting on last night and I took it to candle but didn't have a light strong enought to see tru the green shell so I picked some of the shell away, thinking it was in trouble and needed help. What a dummy I was-never again! It was about half way formed-sort of like the little purple babe with bug eyes and lots of blood vessels...poor thing was too open by then to make it any longer. I felt so guilty. I don't know how long it had to go though...Can anyone match those pix up with the day #s?
    THanks if so.
    Lisa

8. chickenfeathers

chickenfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by