From egg to show(Chicks in need of names!)

Gerbil

Oh, Crazy!
13 Years
Jun 24, 2010
Hello, I have since the beginning, wanted to have show chickens, 5 days ago my buff Silkie eggs arrived. I got 8 eggs, yesterday I candled and 7 of them have babies. My Idea Is to start a thread on their progress, just for fun. I know there Is a chance that they will not hatch, but with luck, some will. So If anyone else Is starting eggs with future plans of showing, join! They are In an incubator with me watching them like a hawk, their egg buddies are 14 Serama eggs which are moving to a different incubator ASAP.

Thank you for listening to my ramblings.
tongue.png

Last edited:
I had to post, I just candled 4 of my 14 Serama eggs and 3 had babies!
celebrate.gif

I am down to 6 Silkie eggs and 5 Serama eggs. One of the Silkie eggs has a very large and odd shaped air sac and one of the Serama eggs is way behind in development. The incubator has been very stable and I have been turning everyone 3 times a day. (Tomorrow I will stop turning the Silkie eggs) I am going to have a staggered hatch in the same incubator because the new incubator I was going to use for the Seramas EXPLODED! I was trying to set the temp when BOOM! Sparks and a loud bang. I returned it, and stuck with my old one.

p.s Wish me luck! I am really hoping they will hatch!
fl.gif

I increased the humidity and with luck in the next few days, I will have babies! The Serama eggs are 2 days behind the Silkie eggs, will the increased humidity effect them badly? I have already lost 9 of the eggs!

5 Silkie chicks hatched !!!!! 3 Seramas and a 4th one hatching!!!
celebrate.gif

61450_img_9621.jpg

Back
Top Bottom