From Maryland to BYC

Luffa

Chirping
Mar 16, 2017
Central Maryland
I'm pleased and a little surprised to find so many other chicken lovers here. I have to say that I find the site a little overwhelming with so many people & posts.
I'm looking forward to learning more.

I had a pet rooster as a child and a hen after that. Since that time, I didn't have the opportunity to get chickens. Now I do and have 4 coming to me
to be shipped from Meyer Hatcheries on May 1st 2017. I'm trying to get 2 more but the CSR I spoke with said there's no hatch date for them yet.

It's not easy to be patient and wait!

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us! Yes, BYC is full of chicken lovers! You are sure to learn a lot here
big_smile.png

Yay!
ya.gif
Isn't it exciting to start chicken keeping again after so long? If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Or just hop over to the Learning Center: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Also remember to check out this forum if you want to chat with chicken lovers near you:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

I hope you enjoy BYC! Best wishes!
smile.png

G’Day from down under Winter Squash
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received links to some great starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Hi there Winter, I am also from Maryland. It is so nice meeting other members that are close by. Well in our case the same state. Good luck with the new arrivals you will have to take lots of pictures and share.

Back
Top Bottom