From pip to unzip

esther1uk

Hatching
Jun 20, 2015
Hi there!

Just a bit of advice really. I have four Brahma chicks in an incubater. Today is day 22. Yesterday all four pipped externally, and when I went to bed last night each of the four had a moving beak stuck out of the pip hole. I was expecting to wake up this morning with at least one zipped chick.Instead, everything is exactly the same as yesterday. Four eggs with four beaks stuck through the holes. There appears to be no distress, but neither do any of them seem in a hurry to get on with things. It is nearly 24 hours since the appearance of the external pips, should I be worried?

Thanks.

Not yet. Give them a couple more hours, and if there is no progress or peeping, peel off some shell and note the color of the membrane underneath. If it looking dehydrated, you might want to peel off most of the shell and put a little water on the membrane.

Not yet. Give them a couple more hours, and if there is no progress or peeping, peel off some shell and note the color of the membrane underneath. If it looking dehydrated, you might want to peel off most of the shell and put a little water on the membrane.
Will do!

Many thanks, that's great

Back
Top Bottom