From Quails to now Silkies! :)

monarc23

Coturnix Obsessed
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Hey all! I haven't posted on this part in a while as I haven't had any hatches as of late..however I juuust today put in the incubator eggs from Marie_Martin! 5 silkie eggs she generously gave me in my batch of button quail eggs I got from her. You betcha I'm estatic! Please all root for me they hatch...this is my first time first attempt at a chicken egg!

I have a stupid question....is the incubating temp deffinatly teh same? I've been so engrossed in my quails, that I honestly don't know for sure...i assume they need incubated at the same temps but justto clear my mind someone please clue me in 99.5-102 fine?

ANd i've read it's 21 days to hatch...is that correct?

*i feel like a newbie all over again*!!!

It's so weird having "Huge" eggs in with my tiny BQ eggs ha ha!

smile.png

Hi Niki! Yep - temps are the same. Take them off the turner (or stop turning) on day 18, should hatch day 20-21.

Good luck with your silkies (and buttons!!) and hope all goes well!

Quote:
Thanks Cindy!
smile.png
I cannot wait to see what all colors I get in everything! I have your batch of eggs separated and IDed as "C" on their own lil rubber mat, then I have mine as just numbered, and Maries I have as "M1" since i'm getting more BQ eggs from her in another shipment.
big_smile.png
It's pretty fun....and this sunday I *SHOULD* have two BQ's from my own hen hatching...however i dont even know if they're fertile.

Thank you for the info, and reassurance!
big_smile.png

Niki

Back
Top Bottom