From This Week's Hatches-The New Ones!(PICS!)

Well, we haven't ever seen one to adulthood yet. The oldest are 12 weeks and sometimes they look like blue Brahmas, sometimes more like Orps. The cockerels tend to have lots of gold develop in the blue or black, but the pullets do not, so they are pretty much sexlinked.
seminolewind and ZuniBee both have them so they ought to post some pics here of the growing Orp/Brahmas.

Speckled the white baby is just soo beautiful!!
Makes me want to try hatching again if this batch does not pull though.
sad.png

I dont know about shipping anymore though, but we will see. Gonna candle on Sat or Sun day 14 and 15
fl.gif

Keep fingers and toes crossed for me because I saw nothing in any of them
sad.png
sad.png
and thats 48eggs.
I think I am probably the worst incubator woman and I think I give the chicks bad voodoo. :eek:

Your babies are really cute and CONGRATS!!!!

love.gif
jumpy.gif
love.gif
jumpy.gif
love.gif

Thanks, Tsa. I doubt none of your eggs are good. I bet your candler isn't bright enough; if not that, then something would have to be wrong with your guages and isn't allowing proper development. Hang in there. Use your nose and sniff through the vents to check for bad ones.

Speckled,
Did the sniff test and they dont smell bad. About 10 had air cells at top that are not intact and are moving with the egg if you tilt it, and with those its just a small shadow(all at day 10). 4 of them have so many holes they look like a christmas lites. I have 2 blue/green eggs you just cant really tell, but one looks like it has oozing blood inside. Some are questionable with small shadows and then I actually do see veins and little ones moving around. The only ones that do this are about 5 of Jodys and then 2 of the farmer that I got the eggs from.
I have been using a really high powered LED light, but did just realize before I went to candle them again to see if I was not going crazy(LOL) that the battery was almost dead!!!!
smile.png
smile.png

So out of 48, I think I might have 9-10 good ones, but still keeping them in until the 14th day.
Sorry about my blabbing!
Thanks for thinking of me!
Maybe I will have a better hatch next time!
smile.png

barnie.gif

4 of them have so many holes they look like a christmas lites.

Sounds like some very porous eggs. Those will occasionally develop, but they let in bacteria and let out moisture too easily. Just keep sniffing if you are not sure of some. Get some new batteries before you candle again, though.​

THose babies are beautiful:) I can't wait to hatch out more of mine. I wonder what I'll have to do to get my sex links to have babies that look like yours????
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom