From tool shed to Coop?

Just one thought though, if you sink the hardware cloth in cement and it rusts out after a few years, how will you bury new cloth in the ground if the trench if full of concrete?
Just thinking out loud.

Well, I'd have to get a sledge hammer and break up the concrete V, then remove. Thanks for raining on my parade. :p

TWG

Update (9-22) Sunday:

We have occupancy!!!

I did a few perches in the main run and added one swing. May add another swing if they like it.

To my surprise, when I removed the temporary wire barrier in the Pop door it took them all of 10 seconds to go into the new run!

In addition to today's occupancy milestone, we have another - our last "pullet", an Ameraucana, stared to lay today so we got 4 eggs today: 2 blue, 2 brown. A good day.

Many many thanks to everyone who helped me with this project. I had to go up a very steep learning curve to get this done, but it had to be done right the first time. Could not have done it without the help from this site.

Still have a few minor things to do but for now at least they are in what we are calling, "Trump Plaza". :D

TWG

20190922_123638.jpg
20190922_123644.jpg
20190922_123845.jpg
20190922_123907.jpg

Congratulations to you and your hens! I’ve followed, somewhat quietly, from the beginning. You did a good job and I picked up some good tips (except for the hardware cloth in cement idea) :lol:.
I’ll be referring back to this when I start the major work on my 10’x10’ shed/coop.

To my surprise, when I removed the temporary wire barrier in the Pop door it took them all of 10 seconds to go into the new run!
That's great!
Will be curious to see if the use the swing.
Now to see if they head inside at dusk.
Keep in mind, if those run roosts are higher than the coop roosts they may want to sleep out there.

Back
Top Bottom