Frontline ???

Did you have some findings from your research. I would be really interested to know what percentage of frontline was found in the eggs. Thanks so much

Just curious if the professor ever reported back his findings after testing the eggs? Have any of you that continue to use it noticed any adverse effects on your chickens health, fertility, etc? Anyone try the generic versions? I will keep this solution in mind if I ever encounter an infestation in my coop.

One thing I've noted about doctoring chickens is there is very little research that go into an expendable farm animal. You can sort of think of us as sort of a pioneer group of chicken "pet" owners. LOL.

Anyways I've discovered just yesterday we got 'em. Probably brought in by new birds I helped out with this fall or a new hen I got in. Ugh. Anyways I dusted one with Poultry dust yesterday and it seems to already be working on her. I thought this frontline trick though would be a snap! Looks like it's in the system no later than 45 days (oil glands) It's a bit unnerving to me though since I know these chickens are using that oil gland on their tail all the time preening their feathers with their beak/mouth. IJDK... I might start with poultry dust after my check over today on the one and do the whole flock.

What a mess.

One thing I've noted about doctoring chickens is there is very little research that go into an expendable farm animal.   You can sort of think of us as sort of a pioneer group of chicken "pet" owners.  LOL.

Anyways I've discovered just yesterday we got 'em.  Probably brought in by new birds I helped out with this fall or a new hen I got in.  Ugh.  Anyways I dusted one with Poultry dust yesterday and it seems to already be working on her.  I thought this frontline trick though would be a snap!  Looks like it's in the system no later than 45 days  (oil glands)  It's a bit unnerving to me though since I know these chickens are using that oil gland on their tail all the time preening their feathers with their beak/mouth.  IJDK...  I might start with poultry dust after my check over today on the one and do the whole flock.

What a mess.

Good luck! I hope you are able to get them under control quickly.

Not to mention it can kill small breed dogs I caled. 1800 PET MEDS. on my dog sIt was due to nerve damage so be careful and informed there are cheeper safer methods.
Or is the OP talking about Frontline for fleas for cats and dogs????  /img/smilies/hu.gif
Or is the OP talking about Frontline for fleas for cats and dogs????  /img/smilies/hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom