Frozen chicken has crippled legs now? help

whatsup chickenbutt

Songster
11 Years
Sep 9, 2008
I posted the other day about the 12 week chicken that I found wedged upside down between perch and wall for who knows how long out of the heat.
Well, I put her in the hospital with heat and food and water, and then she was chirping, moving around a bit, and eating and drinking. Tonight we got her out of the can and found that she is still acting the same, but not walking really at all. Both legs are turned inward, and not working properly. Could she have been brain damaged from nearly freezing to death, or what do you think? The 12 week olds are all in their own coop safe from predators.

One of my chicks got hurt last summer, and couldn't walk on one foot at all. Poor little thing flopped around, trying to walk. I had to put her right next to food and water. I was pretty worried about her, and kept her in 'rehab' for several weeks before she was able to walk well again. I think if you give her a week or so she could get well. Let's hope so!

Injury can cause the legs to weaken. I had a Roo that got picked on by another and lost the use of his legs. It took a month for him to regain the use of them with TLC. At least she can move hers, so hope she gets better soon for you - best wishes

Back
Top Bottom