Frozen feet?

Here is the sick one his feet seem to be thawing but I don't know if he'll get better or worse

I suggest you start working on getting him into a least a 4' x 4' x 4' pen so he can move about, stretch wings and roost up. Roosting on on a wood pole makes so he can cover toes completely by cover while sleeping. Should also see a marked improvement in the appearance of the tail.

Ok so what should I treat him for?? And what do I use?

First we do not know what is actually cause of this so you want make so stress from environment and nutrition is minimal

Make so ambient temperature is about 70 F. Make so water is very clean and get some electrolytes into it. Feed bird with fresh bag of medicated chick feed. You may need to we feed to increase palatability. I would mix in a little olive oil and paprika / cayenne powder to make feed orange looking. Do not worry about burning gut or bad flavor as not problem with chickens.

Has bird been exposed ground recently?

Yes he has been exposed to the ground maybe about 1 week ago. Also with the medicated chick feed I can't go to the feed store as my sister had a accident today and I don't know how to drive yet and I doubt anyone would want to take me to the feed store. What I do have is regular chick starter/grower and olive oil. I don't know if I have cayenne or paprika I'll have to look

I assume you may need to make run to feed store to get medicated feed. If bird has an aggressive cocci infection then be prepared to purchase corid. Medicated feed helps control infection but the Corid laced water needed to knock down an aggressive infection.

Dewormer like Ivermectin. Feces shown does not look like cocci involved but worms could be. Closer inspection of feces needed for assessing worms. Worm treatment itself is hard on bird and can kill weak birds. Yours is weak.

Other health issues possible and antibiotics good for some of those.

You are suffering from PMS (Poor Management Syndrome). Learn from it to do better. Most go through this stage with confined birds, and most do not either know it or learn from it.

Back
Top Bottom