Frozen Water!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
I like this idea!

Don't waste your money on the electric heaters you buy at feed stores. What a rip off. You can make your own for little or nothing!

This is mine and if you do a search on YouTube you'll find more ideas that are cheap and easy.

No offense to anyone who has spend money on heaters but you can easily heat your water for free or at worst much less than $10.

Last edited:
I don't think I'd go electric at all where you live. You're only going to have ice on a few mornings during the winter, and if you just break it up early you'll be fine for the rest of the day. A bigger/deeper waterer will prevent things freezing solid and make things easier for you.

Quote:
That's a great design! I have all those parts laying around the house too. Since I am mechanically handicapped, I went the online shopping route. Shucks, at minimum wage, 3 hours spent searching for those parts in my basement and shed equal the cost of my prima dona purchase from pets supply stores. I'm keeping that design in mind for another freeze-proof dish in the next coop.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
That's a great design! I have all those parts laying around the house too. Since I am mechanically handicapped, I went the online shopping route. Shucks, at minimum wage, 3 hours spent searching for those parts in my basement and shed equal the cost of my prima dona purchase from pets supply stores. I'm keeping that design in mind for another freeze-proof dish in the next coop.
thumbsup.gif

Great job ERIC!!
GreatPost.gif
and Video

Back
Top Bottom