FRs w/ leg problems?

WildflowerJLH

Songster
9 Years
Mar 28, 2010
The Mythical State of Jefferson
I have 23 FR chicks that are 4 weeks old tomorrow. In the last week, I have 2 chicks that seem to be having some leg issues. There are 7 or 8 with the same problem out of the 99 that were all ordered together and split between families.

It does not make sense to me that this would be happening. All of our chicks are growing slower than any other FRs that I have read about, so that should not be the problem. Anyone else have this experience?

from freedomrangerhatchery dot com

My Freedom Rangers are having leg problems. What can I do about it? Leg problems are almost always due to a deficiency in diet. Add a vitamin packet to their water and it should help within 24-48 hours. You can usually get vitamin packs at a local farm store. Some organic/natural feeds are deficient in some of the vitamins the chicks need.

also, keep in mind the more chickens you have, the higher your chances of having a "bad egg." if you have 20 chickens, you may have 1, but if you have 100, you may have 5. all chickens will have some issues.

you didn't mention what you are feeding them. they recommend
Use chick starter with a protein content of 21-22% and meds for the first 2-3 weeks. Then you can use 18-19% protein grower until around week 7. Finish them out on 16-17% protein finisher.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom