Frugal Pattern Quilt Block Swap (Sign-up ends 6/18/11)

I'm considering and posting so I don't lose or forget this thread.

Coyote not doing an aplique
ep.gif

Quote:
You got it. Maybe if I have time.
th.gif
I will take pics and put them on here for you unless Acre's wants to. I don't like the directions that came with the pattern and it really looks harder than it is. We will all help you get threw it. Come on have some fun with us.

You all never cease to amaze me
lol.png

We will make however many people sign up.....hopefully 25
wink.png

We will be here to help out in any way. We are all amatures, just some are a little more advanced.....I guess.
lol.png

Last edited:
Ok, I'm trying to figure this out to make it easier on myself!! I'm going to be using lost of my scraps. I've got what you said about the strips Gin. What if for the square portion of the block I make the center part 4 7/8 and then take 4-2 5/8 squares, laid them right sides togethers at the corners of the larger square, stitch diagnal along the center line of the smaller squares, trim off the excess corner fabric, press open and then trim it to 4 1/2 inches. That would work, right?

I'm just trying to make sure my blocks all come out the same size

Quote:
If you are using scraps and wanting a sure thing to make sure they come out exact I have an idea for you. Do it w/ paper piecing. Photo copy each section (long rectangle, short rectangle, center diamond) as many times as you need then start w/ the center sewing out for the diamonds and in strips for the others. This will make sure everything comes out the same size and will take care of any problems you may have w/ bias edges from the scraps.

Seam allowance won't mean a thing b/c you just sew on the line on the paper.

Then just trim to size of paper, and piece those together (seam allowance will be important there)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom