Frugal Pattern Quilt Block Swap (Sign-up ends 6/18/11)

Quote:
Still considering if I will have the time. I am very tempted for using up scraps, but my one big hold back besides time is I'm not sure if my fabric scraps will be up to everyones standards. I don't follow "rules of quilting" very well and if I get inspired by a fabric I use it (if it is machine washable) not sure how much 100% pure quilting cotton fabrics I actually have.
hide.gif
hu.gif

cackydoodledoo.....you say you are new to quilting? I have 2 books in the auction >>> https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=508696 They were very helpful to me when I started quilting years ago. Go check them out.

Kassaundra---We do use cotton fabric since it does hold up longer, so you will have to make sure that, that is what you use. It should take much scraps to make these blocks. I think I will get started tomorrow on mine.
smile.png
You can even use fat quarters for this block.

I need to look and see if I even have cream or tan color scraps!! I know I have plenty of others. Are we looking for any kind of symmetry when we do these or is going to be more like a crazy quilt? I have a ton of scrap and extra material just am afraid maybe everyone else may not like what I have. Lots of flowery stuff I got from my mom.

Quote:
It's going to be more crazy quiltish with all of our different scraps. I may have to go out and buy some tan or cream cuz, I'm not sure if I have enough of that either, lol. I make a lot of kids quilts so there are lots of bright colors and wild prints. But with a pattern like this they all go together!

Quote:
I've missed you all to. I haven't forgotten about those embroidery design, I have them done....I just can't find them. I switched rooms with my daughter and I got rid of some things and I am hoping those weren't in the box.

Well I found a stash of scraps I bought from a real quilter (follows the rules better then me) so I have enough of the colored cotton, now to see if I have enough time before sept.

Back
Top Bottom