Frustrated with feed store! UUGGHH!

Yeah, our local feed store really "rubbed me a blister" the other day.
somad.gif
I went in to buy chick crumble and she said "we are out of the small bags, we only have 50 lb bags". I said "I only have two babies right now, I don't need 50 lbs!" She said, "Sorry". You would think that since they are a FEED store and have managed to run out of a particular FEED, that they would break open a big bag for me. Especially since TSC will be opening up here SOON.. OK I'm done venting........
barnie.gif

I too ordered from Healthy and More and was very satisified. I ordered 12 chicks......4 different breeds. The order was shipped the next week, arrived in 2 days, and all of the chicks were alive and healthy and still are 4 weeks later. The packaging was great. Had a little nest inside of box. I have pics on MyBYCPage. I highly recommend them.

Last edited:
I got the same phone call yesterday from Randall Burkley Hatchery! I was planning to take them into my sons kindergarten class this friday!!! His teacher was soo disappointed, she had a lesson planned aaround them already!
smile.png

Quote:
WOW...they don't have open bins for you to get whatever quanity you want??? I totally would of thought they'd open a bag and make some smaller quanities...maybe you had an ignorant person who couldn't think for themselves and needed a manager to tell them just how and when they could pick their nose???
roll.png

I didn't read this whole post so someone might have said this, Did you post on creigslist your looking for chicks, I aways check for people looking for chicks I hatch alot of chicks LOL

Quote:
WOW...they don't have open bins for you to get whatever quanity you want??? I totally would of thought they'd open a bag and make some smaller quanities...maybe you had an ignorant person who couldn't think for themselves and needed a manager to tell them just how and when they could pick their nose???
roll.png

THANK YOU. I mean, you'd think with the competition moving into town, they would have been told to make their customers happy at all costs, but I guess not. I wish they DID have open bins...that would be great.
rant.gif

Quote:
roll.png

THANK YOU. I mean, you'd think with the competition moving into town, they would have been told to make their customers happy at all costs, but I guess not. I wish they DID have open bins...that would be great.
rant.gif

Did you suggest it or request it and they said NO? If so then I'd write a letter to the manager...
sad.png

Quote:
I wouldn't consider TSC to be "the competition". I consider them to be extremely over priced and lacking any knowledge among the employees.

At first I amazed at all the stuff they carry, then after a while I found the lumber yards have wire much cheaper, the feed mills are about 1/2 price with their feed, and the most shocking thing I have ever seen... TSC wanted about $5.00 for a small "bag" of alfalfa hay, any one of my neighbors will sell me a small square bale of alfalfa for a few bucks!
My rabbits would have gone through that bag in a few days, with a bale it lasts almost all winter!!!

But back to your problem. That feed mill should have done something to satisfy you. What would have been so bad about buying the 50# bag?

Back
Top Bottom