Frustrated with feed store! UUGGHH!

NJbirdlover

Songster
10 Years
Mar 16, 2009
Salem County, NJ
I just got a call that my chick order that should be in next week won't be in until May 27th! I have been waiting since February for these chicks.
My family and I are going away the 3rd week of June, we figured the chicks would be old enough and out in their coop by then but now they will barely be 4 weeks. I looked on line to see if I could order chicks and have them by then but for the amount I need, chicks aren't available until June anyways. I haven't even told my kids yet....they have been counting down the days!

Just had to vent!
barnie.gif

he.gif

tongue.gif

Quite alright vent away!
rant.gif
I didn't have to wait nearly as long for mine, got them at TSC, but son was counting down and was quite perturbed that they weren't in on the day they said. accused me of lying to him!
hmm.png
they should be old enough to go into the coop in June i would think. still need a heat lamp, but day time temps are warm/hot by then. Good luck with the new babies!!
smile.png

Oh that's a bummer...no wonder we had a massive "nordstroms one day sale" madness at the feedstore this morning when they opened the doors...seriously I was there 30 mintues before they opended, just to get in line!

If you're getting a large quanity, can't you order direct from the hatchery?

Quote:
thats one of my problems, I am only getting 10, I checked on my pet chicken-I know that they can ship smaller amounts but they won't have any chicks avail until June.

I was at TSC last week and they had plenty of chicks-I resisted because I don't have any extra room for any more chicks (other than the ones I am waiting for).

I guess I just need to be patient but it feels like we have been waiting forever!

Have you checked craigs list? There are lots of chicks on there, mostly straight run but you might be able to get some for the kids sake.

Quote:
Yeah...maybe a couple chicks will hold the kids over until the real deal show up...
hmm.png

yep they are all sold out alright! I just went on all of the websites of the hatcheries listed above-all sold out for awhile...I guess we will just have to wait unless I get lucky from somewhere local-RATS!

Back
Top Bottom